Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Journey From Manuscript to Published Book



So I finished my YA Sci-Fi Dystopian novel, 13+.


Now What?

I sent in my first query to an agent last Friday and got my first rejection yesterday (more on this later). I guess I'm officially in the game now!

My first rejection... I was kind of hopeful but skeptical at the same time (like someone who fantasizes of buying their first lottery ticket and hitting the jackpot) but it still felt like a knife repeatedly stabbed into my chest. Ah! The humanity!

As you must have guessed, I'm a newbie. I completed my first ever novel and I'm patting myself on the back. I love it and I'm proud of it. It's a 5 book series and I'm already working on the second book!

My series is called -  'The Obliquity Saga'




It's a 16-year-old girl's epic adventure set on a dying Earth where two city-states are waging war over the last viable land left on the planet - on Greenland.

:D

It's a coming of age, fantastic adventure set in a militaristic future with characters I've fallen in love with over and over again every time I re-read the manuscript.

I wrote this for myself before I even thought of publishing it but I am so obsessed with this world that I want to share it with as many readers out there as I can.

I'm writing this blog to document my journey as a complete newbie in this industry and hope to provide insights to anyone else who is starting up like myself!

Best of luck and what must be will be.
Ninan 




No comments:

Post a Comment